Praise be to Allah.
Does changing clothes break wudu?
Changing clothes does not break one’s wudu if the person is in a state of purity and does not do any of the things that break wudu. Men and women are the same in this regard.
What breaks wudu
The things that break wudu are:
- Any discharge from the front or back passage (urine, stools, wind, etc.), except for wind emitted from a woman’s front passage – that does not break wudu.
- Emission of urine or stools from anywhere other than the urethra or anus.
- Losing one’s mind, which may mean losing it altogether by losing one’s mental faculties, which is insanity, or by losing it temporarily for a certain length of time for some reason such as sleep, unconsciousness, intoxication, etc.
- Touching one’s penis , because of the hadith of Basrah bint Safwan, who heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: “Whoever touches his penis, let him do wudu.” (Narrated by Abu Dawud, al-Taharah, 154. al-Albani said in Sahih Sunan Abi Dawud, no. 166, it is sahih)
- Eating camel meat , because of the hadith of Jabir ibn Samurah, who said that a man asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), “Should we do wudu after eating camel meat?” He said, “Yes.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Hayd, 539).
It should be noted that touching a woman’s body does not break one’s wudu , whether that is done with feelings of desire or otherwise, unless anything is emitted as a result of that touching.” (See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymin, vol. 1, p. 219-250) (Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daimah, vol. 5, p. 264)
And Allah knows best.