Monday 19 Thu al-Qa‘dah 1445 - 27 May 2024

If she does not travel during her ‘iddah, her visitor visa will expire


Publication : 11-01-2023

Views : 2199


I am residing in the city of Jeddah, and my father in Homs has passed away. I have applied for a visa for my mother to visit, because the situation there is bad, and she got the visa stamped in her passport. That cost a great deal of money, and she has only twenty-eight days to come to the Kingdom, otherwise the visa will expire. Is it permissible for her to come and complete her ‘iddah here?


Praise be to Allah.

I put this question to our shaykh, ‘Abd ar-Rahman al-Barrak (may Allah preserve him) and he said:

Because of the possible loss of money, and because it will be too difficult to get another visa, and there is the need to be reunited with your mother now and in the future, there is nothing wrong with her travelling and coming to complete her ‘iddah with you. End quote.

See also the answer to question no. 98193 .

And Allah knows best.

Was this answer helpful?

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid