Wednesday 11 Muḥarram 1446 - 17 July 2024

She wants to get married, and her mother got pregnant with her without being married


Publication : 08-02-2000

Views : 14904


When my parents did niqqa, my mother was already pregnant with me. My father has now passed away.
As I will be getting married soon, I was told that my younger brother cannot be my walee and that during my niqqa, my name cannot be mentioned as "binte" with my late father's name. Is this true?
This will cause suspicion, and I want to avoid embarrasment to my family and cover the fault of my parents since they have taubah. Is there a solution to this? As a child outside of wedlock, I know that I am sinless, but I'm wondering why do I have to bear the burden of my parents old sin with this complicating matter for niqqa. Insha Allah, Allah will not place a burden on His servant greater than he can bear.


Praise be to Allah.

It was reported in a saheeh hadeeth that the child belongs to the bed and the stone is for the adulterer, so it is not permissible for the child to be given the name of the adulterer or of the mothers husband. Rather, she should be called after her mother, so that her name will be So and so the daughter of So and so [her mother]. Otherwise, her guardian should choose for her a common name that cannot be attributed to any specific person. For the girl who is asking this question, there is no sin on her at all because of her parents sin, and if she is patient in putting up with any annoyance as a result of it, she will be rewarded for that, in sha Allaah. And Allaah knows best. See also Questions # 6195.

Was this answer helpful?

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid